Meet Ona Kingdon's lovely Teds, learn how to compose still lifes with Evelyn Dunphy, use watercolor with tempera like Stan Miller, make the most of shapes and colours with Marc Folly… Flip-over a sample.
In our autumn issue: meet Ona Kingdon's lovely Teds, learn how to compose still lifes with Evelyn Dunphy, use watercolor with tempera like Stan Miller, understand how Taiwanese artist Chien Chung-Wei teaches watercolour technique, make the most of shapes and colours with Marc Folly, and follow our expert's advice to use the hidden power of smaller shapes… Plus: last call for entries for the World Watercolour Competition, taking place in France! Flip-over a sample.
• The World Watercolour Competition: 25.000 USD in prize money.
• Focus on: International watercolor in Reims.
• International news: watercolour events from all over the world.
• We were there: the 6th Brioude Biennial.
• Societies around the world: The Nordic Watercolour Society (NAS).
• Readers’ letters: our answers to your questions.
• What's on: upcoming exhibitions all over the world.
• Revelations. Richard Scot (United States), Gilles Durand (France), Tara Sweeney (United States).
• Chien Chung-Wei, the art of teaching watercolour.
• Being a watercolour artist: Janet Flom.
• Evelyn Dunphy: composing still lifes.
• Portfolio: Jesus Lozano Saorin, painting the ravages of time.
• Secrets revealed: watercolor and tempera by Stan Miller.
• Donna Zagotta: simplifying shapes.
• The power of evocation with Ona Kingdom.
• Know-how with Marc Folly: making the most of shapes and colours.
• Watercolour lesson: Linking background and subject.
• Expert advice: How to understand and manage shapes, part 2.